Resource fair for kids who love math
What is a math circle? Why do some kids think of math camp as their second home? Do you have to win competitions to be "good at math"? What can I offer my third grader who loves math but is bored in school?
At this resource fair, you'll learn about a range of opportunities and resources for kids who love math. Hear directly from--and chat with--people who are at the forefront of educating kids who love math.
staff and alumni from Canada/USA Mathcamp, MathPath, COSMOS, CTY, PROMYS, Ross, HCSSiM, MathILy and MathILy-er, and IDEA MATH
representatives from the San Francisco, Stanford, Berkeley, and San Jose Math Circles
Julia Robinson Math Festival, A-Star, Expii, PRIMES, and more!
AMC, Bay Area Math Olympiad, Berkeley Math Tournament, Bay Area ARML, mathleague.org
Plus, we'll share a selection of our favorite books; provide information about local and national programs and competitions; and have tons of Zome, games, ping pong, and origami for kids.
- 2-3 p.m. -- Panel discussion featuring Mira Bernstein, Po-Shen Loh, Richard Rusczyk, and Paul Zeitz
- 3-4 p.m. -- Proof School Information Session
- 3-5 p.m. -- Chat with representatives from organizations that serve kids who love math, peruse information and resources, and explore our school space and kids' activities.
- 4-4:30 p.m. -- Expii Information Session
- 4:30-5:00 p.m. -- Art of Problem Solving Information Session
555 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94102
Date + Time
Sunday, Dec 6, 2015
Admission is free, but knowing that you're coming will help us plan. Sign up here.