What is a math circle? Why do some kids think of math camp as their second home? Do you have to win competitions to be "good at math"? What can I offer my third grader who loves math but is bored in school?
At this resource fair, you'll learn about a range of opportunities and resources for kids who love math. Hear directly from--and chat with--people who are at the forefront of educating kids who love math, such as
- Mira Bernstein, executive director of Canada/USA Mathcamp
- Po-Shen Loh, lead coach of the USA IMO team, founder of expii.com, and Carnegie Mellon math professor
- Richard Rusczyk, founder and CEO of the Art of Problem Solving
- Sam Vandervelde, Head of School and Dean of Math at Proof School
- Paul Zeitz, co-founder of Proof School, the San Francisco Math Circle, and the Bay Area Math Olympiad; USF math professor
... and more! Plus, we'll share a selection of our favorite books; provide information about local and national programs and competitions; and have tons of Zome, games, ping pong, and origami for kids.
- 2-3 p.m. -- Panel discussion featuring Mira Bernstein, Po-Shen Loh, Richard Rusczyk, and Paul Zeitz
- 3-4 p.m. -- Proof School Information Session
- 3-5 p.m. -- Chat with representatives from organizations that serve kids who love math, peruse information and resources, and explore our school space and kids' activities.
- 4-5 p.m. -- Information sessions on other programs for kids who love math