Proof School offers a transformative liberal arts education to young people with an active curiosity and a passion for mathematics, equipping them to reason, communicate, and positively impact their world.
Our mission reflects how deeply we believe that every student needs to engage enthusiastically with a range of core subjects. Our goal is to help build a broad foundation for learning inside our classrooms and outside of our school. We've designed a curriculum that speaks to kids who love to think critically, learn socially, and solve problems.
These six premises guide how we carry out the school's mission.
- Proof School is a full-fledged secondary school for kids who love math.
- Don't waste time and do travel light.
- Math is not only an intellectual pursuit but also a highly social endeavor.
- Learning requires deliberate, joyful effort and full engagement with the physical world.
- Intelligence is an attribute, not a virtue. Kindness and curiosity are virtues.
- Proof School is more than a school—it is a community that builds and nurtures a culture.
Our core principles establish expectations of all Proof School students, faculty, staff, and families.
- Proofniks look out for each other.
- Proofniks think before they act—and after.
- Proofniks seek out new ideas and challenges.
- Proofniks do not jaywalk.